Tuesday 29 April 2008

Shingles Mingles

So missbliss has shingles, poor her, everyone who has had it seems to have oodles of sympathy. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be quite sure whether or not I've had chicken pox. I thought I had and was merrily poking her rash before she went to the doctors, but it seems that I might have just made up me having chicken pox as a child. I guess we'll find out in about 14 days or so (the incubation period) right before my finals start. Wahey.

On the plus side, the football rocked my socks. And so I've got the champions league final (no legs involved missbliss) after exams.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be interesting timing...
Hope you have had chicken pox before and that either it was very mild (and barely noticed) or you/your family forgot you'd had it!
Hope the revision's going well and there's been no more idiots in the library.

Elaine said...

Fingers crossed here.

At least it's not Mumps ;-)

XE said...

Would you still be allowed to write them? Given that you'd be highly contagious?

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed, shingles is fairly unpleasant or so I've heard.

Hope missbliss isn't too itchy!

David said...

My friend refused to even see his GF when she has flu a month before his finals....

And another friend, who lived with his GF, booked a hotel over his exams because she had shingles while he was on his final placement. He also said it was quiter and more peaceful....

Anonymous said...

Wow. I really hope you don't get Chicken pox cause if your school is anything like mine you'd have to wait 6 months for the resits. I think I'd go catatonic if I had to wait 6 more months to graduate. Maybe I should go study