Sunday 6 April 2008

Random Musings For a Sunday Morning

- This year it was my turn to pick the winner of the Grand National. (About bloody time too I've not won owt for years). As comply or die romped home I was cheering at the TV, as I tend to do when I get a little overexcited. I was very pleased indeed to collect the best part of £100 of winnings.

- Bring back winter! At least on those dark, cold, dreary mornings, you can lie in quite happily and sleep until your heart is content. I was really looking forward to a lie in this weekend but on both days we've been awake well before 8. Its ridiculous, I've not had a lie in for weeks! It doesn't help when you have curtains that may as well not even be there they lot so much light through. It feels like daytime but its so early and I just want a lie in now and again! Is it really too much to ask?

- We're going to Glastonbury!! Just got tickets! It'll be the last time we get such an open opportunity to go so we thought we'd better make the most of it.

- Pancakes for breakfast. Yum Yum Yum. Now if only I had someone to deliver my Sunday Times...

3 comments:

David said...

Sounds like a good morning!

I have really quite thick curtains, which sometimes I have to leave slightly open, despite the noise and light, because otherwise when you wake in the morning you have no idea what time it is, or even if it is light.,

I want curtains that open slowly over the last 30 minutes of sleep so you are gradually woken by the light....

The Angry Medic said...

Bloody $@&%*! college rooms have SKYLIGHTS. Positioned RIGHT ABOVE THE BED. Sneaky slavedriving bastards.

GLASTONBURY! Ohoho you're gonna enjoy that dude! Don't you guys have exams?

The Manchester Medic said...

Congrats on the Grand National win :)

Sounds like you had quite a good weekend!