Wednesday 16 May 2007

POo Time Of Year.

Every other medical student I know seems to be finishing off exams and coming towards the end of term and a lovely long summer holiday. Me? I wish, for the next 10 or so weeks all the fourth year's have to complete a 'Project Option' (PO - hence the title, witty eh?), this can be either research, an audit or something else. I decided to do mine on orthopaedics but 3 days in I'm still not really sure what on Earth I'm doing. I don't even know if its research or an audit, it feels like a mix of the two. Anyway I've got a huge spreadsheet with lots of names and data, but what am I supposed to do with it? It doesn't tell me much. I need to fill in lots of gaps before I can even start to think about what I can do with it.

I've got to wait till the end of lunch time until I can go an pester my consultant's secretary for help. Then, hopefully I'll have even more things to put into my huge spreadsheet. Yippee!

Oh yeah, there is the small matter of 10,000 words and a presentation at the end of it.

I'm starting to get a bit stressed with things
a) No hot water
b) Broken Laptop (New HD on its way...) (13 months after I got it, honestly its like the HD had a little bomb inside just waiting for the warranty to expire)
c) Not really having a clue what I'm doing
d) OSCE results on friday
e) arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

I need a good rant to relax myself a bit, suggestions please...

(wooo lunchtime is over... time to go and harass people)
(6 Consecutive Days of blogging? What is wrong with me!)

3 comments:

XE said...

Breathe!!! :)

Ms-Ellisa said...

Nice xavier emanuelle :-)
Hey I nearly cried when my last lap top got ill...
We two had a special bond...
But now I have a new/better/faster/shinier(!) one and I am happy once again :-)
Hang in there...! It will all go away...
Ifit'sany consolation to you, I sat my first exam on 30th of Apriland my last is due on 17th of July,on a weekly basis.You are not alone.

Sarah said...

My laptop expired shortly after its first birthday as well.Mind you, when I put a new HD into it the internal wireless that had never worked was magically fixed.