Monday 15 January 2007

Exam! - Shit.


Tomorrow I have the lovely, biannual 'progress test', the most ridiculous exam in the world! Unfortunately I seem to have come down with a bout of man flu, ok so its a bad cold but I can barely breathe and concentrating tomorrow is going to be interesting. [sympathy to my girlfriend who has also been struck down with poorlyness - "I'm dying harder" - girlfriend]

The progress test: 125 multiple choice, best answer questions which could be on anything from all 5 years of our medical course. Remember that I'm only in 4th year, and even more ridiculously, the same exam is now sat by all 5 years, at the same time! So spare a thought for the poor first years, who having been in medical school for all of a term get to spend 2 and a half hours guessing the answers to questions most doctors probably don't even know.

2 comments:

DundeeMedStudent said...

wow that exam sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

At least the first years only have to get like 3 questions right.

I quite like the progress test, certianly beats stupid case-based papers which I was unbelievably bad at.

Had a good day learning quite a lot of neurodevelopment in the CDC, so i feel a bit more confident in my paeds knowledge.

Also, I have the same damned cold, have had it for 2 weeks now, so hope you are a bit more lucky. On top of that my flatmate has chickenpox - and my arms and chest are itchy (heres to hoping that's psychogenic or something)

PS - loving the blog, though I share your cynicism, I am a little more optomistic about our future since we don't want to go to the Big Smoke, and I'm happy to stay oop norf :)