Saturday 17 May 2008

The End ........ (hopefully)

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is over. My last exam on Friday went ok, it was certainly better than Monday's. I broke my rule of "never change your first answer" and that cost me a couple of marks I think but on the whole it was OK.

As I'm moving out of deanery I don't have to do my shadowing period now, in fact, I don't have to do it until the week before I start my job. This means that I'm now free, free to do whatever I want until the end of July!

I am now in a strange sense of limbo, I don't know what I am. I have a whole month to wait until results. Don't even get me started on that... honestly, how long does it take to put all the multiple choice papers in a scanner?

Hopefully I'll be able put results out of my mind and just enjoy my free time, sadly, I don't think it'll be that easy for some.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14 comments:

PhD scientist said...

Your feelings of being a t aloose end are typical, LM. Also seen in people having just completed PhD vivas after three-and-a-bit years' slog.

The feeling even has its own theme song:

"Is that all there is?"

- on Youtube here

Lily said...

You know if you're really bored you're more than welcome to come and sit my exams for me...

Elaine said...

Jst relax ande enjoy it!

Michael said...

Well done! It must be mixed emotions having finished, firstly of joy that you've completed this stage of your life, but also a bit nostalgic seeing as you've spent almost a quarter of your life studying at medical school so it must be sad to leave the place in some strange way!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations LM!!

I'm sure the wait will drag on, I suggest lots of computer games and television. If money permits it, a trip to mainland Europe perhaps?

The Little Medic said...

PHD Scientist - I'm quite happy doing bugger all for a while!

lily - I don't think you'd want me to, besides i've sat all the exams I intend to sit for a while.

elaine - I'll try.

michael - There is a mix of emotions but I can safely say that nostalgia about leaving isn't one of them. More to come about that after results.

HM - computer games it is, oh, and glasto in June.

PhD scientist said...

Oddly, being able to enjoy doing bugger-all guilt-free is one of those things you can lose the ability to do as you get older. I was damn good at it in my 20s, but now...

...anyway, enjoy the well-earned rest!

Dragonfly said...

I recommend practising your napping skills.

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Oh congratulations! I'm so glad for you and MissBliss!

Dr. K said...

Well done, LM. Hearty congratulations. I hope that you enjoy every minute of this down time. You've earned it. :)

Anonymous said...

Well-survived! TLM

Anyone who succeeds in keeping a blog going while sitting their medical finals, deserves merit!

Enjoy the freedom!

Sage said...

Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for a happy outcome... until then sit back, chill out and enjoy the freedom while you can... real life will beckon soon enough :-)

{{hugs}}

H said...

Well done for getting this far, you must be pleased. Good luck with the results. Will you continue with the blog?

Anonymous GP said...

Congrats on finishing!! You will soon have to change your blog title.. to I'm an FY1.. get me out of here.. but then, you might enjoy it and need a different title!

SOunds like ur exam went quite well. I'm already terrified for finals next year as this year (4th) I've managed to forget the meagre general medicine I knew. But such is life!

GOod Luck for the future and enjoy playing those computer games.. :)

R